How to take yourself off a Leave of Absence
You can reactivate your accreditation in your NESA online account.
End your leave early (see 3a below) if you are returning to teaching and your total leave duration meets the minimum requirement of 6 months for a Leave of Absence.
Cancel your leave (see 3b below) if you are returning to teaching and your total leave duration does not meet the minimum requirement of 6 months for a Leave of Absence.
- From “Your dashboards” in the left-hand menu, click on your accreditation level, for example, “Proficient Teacher”, “Provisional Teacher” etc., then click “My Applications”
- On the “My Applications” page, select the Leave of Absence entry you want to change by clicking on the link in the Reference Number column
- In the “Application for Leave of Absence” page you can:
- 3a. Change the End date of your Leave of Absence using the calendar tool. Click the “Update application dates” button to confirm the new date
- 3b. Cancel your application by clicking the “Cancel application” button
You will receive an email confirming the updated Leave of Absence within 24 hours.